Mtskheta. The second Jerusalem
Dates January-December 2019 | Duration: 1 day | Price: € 39,--
The David Gareja monastry was founded in the 6th century by David, one of 13 the Assyrian Fathers, which were arrived to strength Christianity in Georgia. During the centuries the monastery complex expands on to 25 km of desert landscape and contains hundred caves and assemblies. Many time it was destroyed by Mongols, Persians and in Soviet time. During the Soviet - Afghan War these areas were used as a training ground for the Soviet military.
The frescoes of Gareja represent the most significant periods of Georgia: David the Builder, Demetre I and Lasha-George.
- Explore the unique monastery cave complex
- Discover Georgia desert Udabno
- Walk to the border Georgia - Azerbaijan
Price (8 persons)*
At any date
is per person. Contact us for other group sizes.
- Pickup from hotels and apartments
- Tour as listed
- Transport in a comfortable minibus
- Accompaniment by an English driver-guide
- Meal with a local family
- Wine and chacha tasting
What's not included
- Tipping for driver-guide